Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Doing More

As my due date with the fabulous Miss gets closer I am re-examining myself. When the Starlet was born I lost myself for a while... I mean seriously what mother doesn't? For me it was more so than some women because of the complete disconnect from my ex. Most new fathers experience issues with having a new baby, I mean hell I was having issues with having a new baby! But he pulled away and would actually say he was jealous and "You love the baby more." I hardly saw him for her first 3 months of life he was out partying so much... while unemployed... yeah I picked a winner apparently. So The Starlet became my life, being everything to her became what I was. And I'll be honest bad move. Being a Mummy is truly amazing but being a Mummy to the exclusion of all else to block out the fact the rest of your life is in shambles? Yeah, not so smart. So where does this ramble take me?

I'm making a promise to myself to update here once a week... once a week I will come here and either rant, rave or just bore you whoever you are to tears... But I will take this small space in the grand space that is the internet and sing my song.

No comments: