Friday, September 19, 2008

Battles

As some people who read this know, I've been separated from my husband for over a year now. We were only married 3 years though we'd been together for almost 13 years total. I'm leery of writing much about it because I don't want him tracking this down and trying to turn it into a weapon against me. But like an idiot I never pushed for a separation or custody agreement when I left. I just wanted out so badly I went and that was that. And now I'm sitting here reading up on family law as he is demanding to take our 4 year old to Palm Springs for Christmas... And what pains me about this all is for the first 3 years of her life he always acted as though she was a huge inconvenience to him and now suddenly he's interested... but only when it's convenient to him... and as much as I am happy for my daughter I can't help but wonder if he's just doing it to try and manipulate me.

No comments: